Monday, April 28, 2008

Potty Training Woes...

Have you ever tried to potty train twins? I have to admit that training one is quite possibly one of my least favorite parenting duties. Yet, now I see two little boys who are way too big for their diapers. So, this week has been a challenge. I really can't complain though. Ben is doing great. He even put himself on the potty when he needed to poo poo. Can I tell you just how proud of him I have been? He must know that mommy hates this duty! Well, on the other hand, we have Will. Will really thought potty training was great for about a half of a day. Now, I am waiting for that sweet little smiling face to come tell me where he hid to poo poo or pee pee. I finally broke down and put them both in pull ups tonight as night time is becoming difficult for my washing machine. Okay. If I am really honest, it is difficult on me (not really the washing machine) having to pull beds apart everyday! I think God made little toddlers so cute so we could put up with all of the things you go through with them! Have I mentioned the temper tantrums before...yes, I am sure it has been mentioned! Besides potty training, I was busy this week with a dinner theatre we had at our church. I went beyond my comfort zone and had a part in a play! I am pretty sure I can relate this to the first time I went out to witness with my church. I prayed alot and got real nervous! Luckily, no one booted me off stage though! After this crazy week, I am ready for summer break! I bet everyone feels that way. Just to have some free time to spend with the kids without so much other "stuff" that seems to get in the way with life. Seems like this has been the week for prayer requests to be put on my platter, so I will share:
An old classmate from high school, Benji, is struggling with his life in a desperate need for a liver transplant...
My grandmother has lost her very special friend who died on Saturday. She really adored Jim and they did everything together. I just want to pray that this does not really get her down. She is 91 years old herself! (By the way, he was a strong Christian--so at least we know he is loving that new spiritual body right about now!)
A friend from my MOMS group has been dianosed with breast cancer. Her name is Angi.
I suppose that is all for now, yet these three people are heavy on my heart. I pray that everyone reading this is well and hope you are having a blessed week.

No comments: